Reaching Sapa has never been more appealing: travel in style on board the luxurious Victoria Express Train. The Victoria Express Train features one dining carriage and two sleeping carriages to make your travelling experience a most comfortable one.
Victoria Express Train
With its elegant carriages, the Victoria Express Train recalls a more romantic era. Passing through the exotic landscapes of North Vietnam, between the charming cities of Hanoi and Lao Cai (train station at a distance of 34 km (21 miles) from Sapa), it offers every visitor a wonderful travelling experience.
The train departs six days a week (Sunday to Friday), linking Hanoi to Lao Cai. The Victoria Express Train is a 10-hour trip from Hanoi to Lao Cai, accommodating 48 passengers with comfortable seating, a dining carriage* (see Victoria Express Train Schedule) and two luxurious sleeping carriages.
Each sleeping carriage has 6 superior cabins (4 berths) and 2 deluxe cabins (2 berths), all are air-conditioned, wood paneled, with individual reading lights, baggage storage, toilets and over sized windows.
The Victoria Express Train is exclusively reserved for Victoria Sapa Resort’s in-house guests only
Hotel room promotion (Applied from May 3, 2016 to Sep 30, 2016)
- A Double Superior room:105 US$ (Sunday to Thursday) and 115 US$ (Friday – Saturday)
- Surcharge for upgrading to deluxe room: 22 US$
- Weekday Departures (WD): Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday (Lao Cai – Hanoi) & Sunday (Hanoi – Lao Cai)
- Weekend Departures(WE): Friday (Hanoi – Lao Cai) & Sunday (Lao Cai – Hanoi)
- One Way tickets are not available on Weekend Departures
- Ticket price does not include meals
- On departures with Dining Carriage an optional 4-course set dinner is available as well as a la carte menu. Please reserve the set dinner at time of train booking
Specific Terms & Conditions
- All above rates are per person, exclusive of 5% service charge and 10% government tax
- All rates are based on the current train operations
- The above rates do not include meals onboard the Victoria Express Train
- Victoria Express Train is exclusively reserved for Victoria Sapa Resort’s in-house guests only
- Train departure times are subject to change without prior notice
- Children from 5 to 12 years old pay 75% of the total fare
- Children under 5 years old are free of charge
- Victoria Hotels & Resorts may be obliged to cancel travel arrangements due to circumstances beyond its control. These may be for reasons of force majeur (cancellation/alteration of domestic scheduled services, technical problems with transportation, contamination, closure of airport or train stations, war [whether declared or not], threat of war, riots, civil disturbances, strikes, disasters, terrorist activities or threat of such, etc). In such cases, Victoria Hotels & Resorts shall inform direct clients without delay and shall offer clients the choice of alternative dates or transportation (in that case the refund can not exceed 30% of the transportation cost) or a full refund of all money paid.